Just trust me on this one.
A.k.a. Allow it.
Radish are ok. Roasted radish are delicious!
This came about when I found some reduced packets of radish. 14p per pack: I had to have them. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but they were plants…and they were cheap…so into the basket they went.
Raw radish are hard, crunchy and really peppery. Once roasted, they are soft and juicy, and not very peppery at all! They really are tasty.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: ~50 minutes
Serve with: Sunday roast. Mixed into a salad. On their own.
Freezes well? Eh, naw.
- 800g radish (or as little/many as you like!)
- A drizzle of oil
- Coarse sea salt
- Wash yo’ veg. If you can be bothered.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
- Trim the heads and the tails off the radish.
- Cut the radish in half.
- Toss all the radish in a bowl with a drizzle of oil.
- Place the radish face down (white bit down) on a baking tray. Sprinkle over some course sea salt.
- Put in the oven until all roasted and shrinkly (~40-50 minutes).
- Remove from the oven.
And hey, if you decide that you want to make a meal entirely of radishes, you go right ahead. You’ll receive no judgement here…!
Now, get on it.