Not so long ago I looked at a cookbook and grimaced when I saw their ‘essentials’ list.
Tabasco and coconut sugar? Ain’t nobody got time for that.
To give you an idea of what my ‘pantry’ looks like, I’ve noted the bits that I’m almost never without.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mixed bell peppers
- Romaine, cos or sweet gem lettuce
- Baby spinach
- Kale – both curly and cavolo nero
- Onions – both red and white
- Mushrooms (just trust me on this one)
- Grains – oats, quinoa, pearl cous cous, bulgar wheat, buckwheat groats
- Lentils – red and green
Stock, spices and pastes
- Vegetable stock cubes
- Agave nectar
- Harissa paste
- Wholegrain mustard
- Maldon salt
- Spices – cinnamon, cumin, black pepper, cloves, nutmeg
- Nutritional yeast
- Firm tofu
- Coconut oil